“A man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh. So they are no longer two but one flesh.” Mk 10:7-8
“The matrimonial covenant, by which a man and a woman establish between themselves a partnership of the whole of life, is by its nature ordered toward the good of the spouses and the procreation and education of offspring; this covenant between baptized persons has been raised by Christ the Lord to the dignity of a sacrament.” Catechism of the Catholic Church, 1601
For Catholics, the Sacrament of Marriage is a public sign that one gives oneself totally to this other person. It is also a public statement about God: the loving union of husband and wife speaks of family values and also God’s values.
At our parish, a time of preparation of one year is required of the couple wishing to receive this sacrament. During this time, classes must be taken (dates of classes will be given at time of registration) and the couple must assist mass every Sunday at our parish. To receive the sacrament of marriage, you will need to make the sacrament of confession. We recommend confession one week prior to the wedding date. Wedding rehearsal will be held the day before the ceremony. Time of rehearsal will be given when registering.
Requirements for Marriage:
- Bring a photo I.D. from each party.
- A recent Baptismal certificate.
- Confirmation certificate (In case you do not have one of the sacraments you will need to register for sacramental preparation)
- Both parties must attend classes
- Bring the marriage license two weeks before the wedding date. If already married through the court bring marriage certificate. Without this document, the wedding cannot take place.
- To reserve date you will need to make a payment of $150.00. Payment arrangements can be done at time of registration. You will need to complete the full payment of $450.00 at least three months prior to the wedding date.
For inquire about dates or additional questions, call our office at 303-922-6306 ext 1.